Saturday, 20 February 2010

Pink Beaded Flower Tote

I had a request to make a pink tote before Christmas and finally managed to finish it a couple of weeks ago. 

I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted to try and make.  I love beads (small beads primarily) so I was thinking of how I could somehow get beads on to my tote and decided to draw a few little flowers which I then picked out using the beads. 

I came across a bit of advice from an american site where the person recommended using both wadding AND interfacing to give the bag added strength.  So that is what I did.  I ironed on the interfacing to both the front and back panels of the bag.  Then I quilted the wadding to the two panels.  At this point I built the bag i.e sewed front and back together.   The lining came next, this took me a little time including inserting a pocket for holding your mobile and a pen.  Finally the straps which are also padded. 

I would like next time to add a fastener to "close" the bag.  Magnetic preferably.  So will have to source some of these.

I am very pleased that my customer when she saw the tote on my etsy site was very happy with it and consequently purchased it!  Here is my unique pink bag which is winging its way to Kildare!

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!