Sunday, 11 April 2010

New items Personalised Quilts and Fabric Covered Buttons

I am very pleased to say that I finished the personalised quilt.  My customer requested that I put the name Cillian on her quilt, so I thought I would try the fabric covered letters which you iron on.  Because the quilt is for a newborn I wanted to be sure that they do not come off so in addition to ironing them on I stitched them with invisible thread.

I did not go for the blues even though it is for a boy because I wanted something striking and bright and cheerful.  Hopefully I have achieved that effect.

I also had an opportunity to use one of my new labels that I ordered from Jennifer at http://www.etsy.com/shop/JennifersJewels.










Then I wanted to try out making my own fabric covered buttons.  They are very simple to make, in fact son #1 helped me choose the fabrics and helped make them.  It was good fun choosing what fabric to choose!


Look out I'll be making more of these as soon as I get more buttons in !!



No comments:

Post a Comment

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!