Sunday, 20 June 2010

Log Cabin Pincushions and a completed baby quilt

What a glorious weekend, sun all the way!!!

I want to add some new items to my Etsy shop but I am finding that there just are not enough hours in they day.  With an order looming for Monday (tomorrow) I had to make sure that above all I finished one of my custom order quilts.  I managed to get it finished, here it is, I don't think the photos do it justice as I took the photos after 6pm but since I won't be selling it through Etsy I won't be retaking the photos.










I also tried my hand at making small pin cushions.  I have used a log cabin design, using bright colours.  I have used white cotton for the backing and filled the mini pin cushions with wadding.  I think they are soooo cute!!!  I plan to make some more and  perhaps some slightly larger ones?  Ideal as a little gift for someone you know who likes sewing! 



I will be listing them on my Etsy shop over the next day or so.

Would love to hear your feedback!










2 comments:

  1. I love the log cabin pincushions! I made some in the past and enjoy them as well, I think it's lovely to have 'em around when you're sewing something :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, they are very cute and I want to replace my one but it was the first pincushion that I made years ago and I just cannot through it out!!!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!