Sunday, 6 June 2010

My new quilt

Well I made a new little quilt today... what do you think??











Only kidding, son #2 was itching to help Mummy with her current quilt and to keep the peace I gave him a block that I could afford to spare.  He then proceeded to put his little man to bed.  How cute!!!

On a more serious note, here are some work in progress photos of a quilt that I am making at the moment for a little girl.  I am very excited about this quilt.  My mother has one (different colours) and she gave me the instructions.

I have to sew all the rows together (plus the edges of course), baste the three layers, decide how I am going to quilt it i.e. in the ditch or free quilting, I think I will go for the latter, I like the end result of free machine quilting.  Oh and also add the binding.  And that's it.




I will post final photos as soon as the quilt is finished.

4 comments:

  1. sooo lovely! I really love charm quilts! You've got it girl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a terrific and stunning quilt! Love to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies, will post a photo of it soon, top is finished, just waiting for letters for owner to be a little baby girl, slight delay on the letters, but then we'll be good to go! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts! And a great spread in Prudence too!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!