Monday, 1 November 2010

Knitting and Stitching Show Dublin

Well I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show with a mate of mine from work yesterday.  We split up as soon as we arrived, her thing would be sewing but not patchwork sewing as such and we agreed to meet up after a while.  Oh and hubby and the boys parked themselves in the coffee shop.

I was on a mission for supplies i.e replacement rotary blades, new cutting mat, threads, quilting pins and so on.

I am very proud to say I pretty much stuck to the list (a few things though they just didn't have so I will have to order off the web) and I only purchased a couple of fabrics.  You should have seen me last year, oh my goodness I left loaded with fabric but since then I have gotten very used to shopping online and I love going through Etsy and seeing what supplies I can find.  
Kaffe Fasset Fabric from Pippablue
 Anyway I also picked up some quilting needles which are very very long and have a bit of flexibility to them so looking forward to using them on my new order.

You know and I am sure you feel the same I just love looking at fabrics, the colours are simply amazing.  I had to be very strict with myself, 'cause I have a cupboard full of fabric and more coming in for my order and you are walking past stalls with fabrics calling out to you! Buy me!!  I can only imagine what the US craft fairs are like.

I found a lovely lady from Wexford who gives lessons so will be in touch with her for paper piecing etc and her fabrics were AMAZING!!!  Hmm I feel a weekend in Wexford coming on!

ps: going to soak neck in bath still not right argghhhh! Any tips welcome!

x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, I bought the same moda fabric as the one in your first photo...I have plans to make a skirt with a band of dots (also purchased) at the hem. I can't wait to get started on it.Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely isn't Andrea, just had to have it when I saw and thanks for the designer name as I forgot to ask the seller and it wasn't tagged! FI

    ReplyDelete
  3. quilting needles sound interesting, Let us know how you get on with them, lovely fabric you got!!!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!