Ok so quite a few of my bloggy mates are doing this and I thought let me try it!
So what have I achieved or started this week.
I finally got round to trying bias binding, thanks to a great tutorial on UTUBE!! I will be doing my own little tutorial shortly based on that video tutorial.
Well getting down to business like I said my mug rugs made me think about doing a tea pot stand
Which in turn led to deciding to make something round. I finished sewing on the binding last night while the kids were splashing in the bath, I love the portability of patchwork!
I took advantage of the lovely weather today and took this photo outside in my garden.
I quilted my tea pot mat/stand using FMQ (free motion quilting), this time however I used my gardening gloves (clean and only used for my patchwork) and the grip and control I had over the fabric was noticeably different. I read somewhere that garden gloves with grips work just as well (and cheaper) than the professional gloves.
I have made two more drawstring bags I just need to tie off the ribbons with beads but these are generally what they look like
What to do well I have signed up to a few quilt alongs one of which is the crazy scrappy quilt along so I better get started on making some of these blocks. I also want to do this and this.
I cannot wait to make the cathedral windows but by machine! It will be sooo muck quicker.
Okidokey best get along now and do some other work!