Wednesday, 27 April 2011

1st Wednesday WIP for me!

Ok so quite a few of my bloggy mates are doing this and I thought let me try it!  


So what have I achieved or started this week.

I finally got round to trying bias binding, thanks to a great tutorial on UTUBE!!  I will be doing my own little tutorial shortly based on that video tutorial.

Well getting down to business like I said my mug rugs made me think about doing a tea pot stand

 

Which in turn led to deciding to make something round.  I finished sewing on the binding last night while the kids were splashing in the bath, I love the portability of patchwork!


I took advantage of the lovely weather today and took this photo outside in my garden. 


I quilted my tea pot mat/stand using FMQ (free motion quilting), this time however I used my gardening gloves (clean and only used for my patchwork) and the grip and control I had over the fabric was noticeably different.  I read somewhere that garden gloves with grips work just as well (and cheaper) than the professional gloves.  

I have made two more drawstring bags I just need to tie off the ribbons with beads but these are generally what they look like 

What to do well I have signed up to a few quilt alongs one of which is the crazy scrappy quilt along so I better get started on making some of these blocks.  I also want to do this and this.  

I cannot wait to make the cathedral windows but by machine! It will be sooo muck quicker.

Okidokey best get along now and do some other work!

x Fi  

14 comments:

  1. I love your little teapot mat! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teapot mat is fantastic!!! I want, I need... I do not have a teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a happy mug rug...er...teapot rug! I like the thinking outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad you have joined WIP Wednesday, I love it so much, its great to see stuff in progress as well as finished things. I just love your teapot stand, its gorgeous! And the mug rug. You had some great sunshine up there obviously :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the teapot mat! I love the little teapot fabric you used, too. :o)
    And I'm headed over to the Moda Bake Shop right now to check out their cathedral windows tutorial. Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little mug rug! Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops! Meant to say WELCOME to w.i.p. Wednesday AND your bias binding looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table mats and drawstring bag. I'd love to make a cathedral window cushion too, I love them, but I think that's a long way off for me yet so looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teapot mat/rug; really love the circular shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The teapots are so great both the blue one and your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little teapot mat! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!