Monday, 25 April 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!  Hope you all had a relaxing weekend!

I am glad to say we experienced some of the Greek Easter tradition in our house what with our neighbour inviting us in for Bulgarian traditional Easter food and then hubby heading off to the Greek Church here in Dublin.

Hubby back from Church
Hubby blessed the family and home when he came home.

Smashing eggs for want of a better expression
The eggs are hand decorated with food dye. 

After a lovely bbq with some friends I got on with some patchwork and made another tea pot mat/stand.  I am currently finishing off a round one (apologies if the photos are all on the dark side, there wasn't much sun this weekend)



And the other one...



5 comments:

  1. Loving your multi-cultural ways! Beats the English 'eat as much chocolate as you can, as fast as you can, and feel sick for days!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it!!! We still had choccy too though! Hope you had a good weekend. Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fiona - as your Bulgarian neighbour I'm happy to read this.Yes, I think that every tradition deservs his own place and I am proud to show our tradition here in Ireland.
    Margarita

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely tea pot stands - I have a little of the bottom tea pot fabric, isn't it beautiful? I really need to make one of these for my coffee pot as it drips a little... another one to add to the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for your comments! Agree the fabric is gorgeous I got it from Gwen at celtic fusions.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!