Monday, 30 May 2011

My first market

I thought I'd show you a couple of photos from my first market.

It's been 3 years since I last did a craft fair, and on Saturday I drove down to Duleek, County Meath to open my stall to customers at the Sage and Stone Farmer's Market. 

I really didn't know what to expect. Firstly I was concerned about the weather, it was very windy, the sun was trying to stay out and keep the rain at bay.  Secondly would it be busy, Kings of Leon were on at Slane, would there be enough foot fall?  

I got my stall set up with the help of my eldest boy and we waited for the customers.


The customers started arriving, there was a good atmosphere, loads of stalls to wander around.  We had plenty of people stop and look at our wares and ask questions.  I met some other patchworkers who I hope will make contact.  


You might notice some jewelry in the background. They belong to my friend Eimear from Ella Green Jewellery  . I just love her jewelry, the quality, design it's simply gorgeous and unique too! She has a few items listed on her shop and will be adding more soon.

All in all it was a good day, a good experience, I think I will need a larger table next month because I think even though I was happy with the display and quantity it may have been a bit difficult for the customer to "see" what was there.  
For example you can see my table runner in the photo below but no-one apart from myself knows that that is what it is, it could be a cushion cover (there's an idea) for all anyone knows. 



I am taking a couple of days break because it was very intense work building up to the Farmer's Market but I won't be able to sit back for long as I have to replenish my stock for the end of June.

Look what I made last Thursday, little coin purses aren't they adorable (ok yes I know I made them myself but still...) woof woof!


Have a good Monday everyone!

Fi 


5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good day, and having to 'replenish your stock' sounds like it went well! Enjoy a well earned rest xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it does sound as if it went well!

    I'd suggest you get something like a basket, box or stand to have one of your larger pieces elevated - your patchwork is so gorgeous, it needs to be higher up so people can see it better.

    Love your coin purses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day. As suggested above, I have found that creating 'height' on your stand makes a real difference, so adding boxes, shelves etc. might help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your day went well....love doing markets. I have one on Saturday! Displays are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been quite an experience! Enjoy your days off!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!