Saturday, 14 May 2011

Stars and Tomatoes

As you all know I am married to an Athenian!!!

I haven't been to Greece for 3 years (grr pay cuts).  I miss hanging out with mum in law, our friends, family, coffee shops, beaches and stuffing my face with Greek food!

Everytime we visit my mum in law she cooks us yemista (stuffed tomatoes and peppers).  So one year I decided to watch her make them and took detailed notes.

I have made them a couple of times and all I can say is YUMMY!!!

They are nicest I think eating lukewarm, not straitht out of the oven as you cannot appreciate the flavours.

Whilst they were cooking slowly in the oven I finished off this scrappy mug rug...



Please ignore my son's Diego boat that he wanted in the photo!

I was very pleased to hear hubby's umms and ah's when he was eating the yemista, because believe me his mum's food is absolutely amazing!  So needless to say I was chuffed when he said "it's just like eating them back home!"

Do you have a favourite delicious dish?!

I won't be getting much work done today as we are heading off to a friend's twins birthday today so hope you all have a good day!

Fi

3 comments:

  1. Only one word for you today...'Jedward'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious - and what a great compliment from your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yemista looks delicious!
    Are you going to share the recipe with us?????

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!