Tuesday, 7 June 2011

A busy week...

Hello hello well it's been a few days but to be honest I have been pretty busy at work and home and therefore tired.  Also I didn't have as much free time as I expected this Bank Holiday as hubby was working 2 out of the 3 days so like I said I had little or no sewing time.  Having said that....

I made more coin purses of which most of them are now sold (big smile!)


I also got an order to make a boyish purse so I made one using my sailboat fabric, if memory serves its Robert Kaufman fabric, apologies if I am wrong


Most of my purses at the moment are lined with Kaffe Fasset dotty fabrics which I picked up last year at the Knitting and Stitching Show.

I do want to show you my favourite though..


Some Japanese Little Red Riding Hood fabric.  I embroidered around her ladyship, picked out her eyes with black seed beads and the point of her hat with mixed red seed beads.  The reverse of this purse has a leaf same as in the above photo and again using seed beads I picked out the little dots.  Ah here is a photo it's easier to show you..


During the week, I decided too to make something for myself!  You see when I am commuting to and from work on the train I can often be seen doing some sewing (small projects) and I usually use my drawstring bag to hold my bits and pieces, but this time I thought I would treat myself and so I made my own larger pouch!


I used some of my Heather Ross fabric, the Owl and the Pussycat. See how it takes my hexagons, thread, thimble and scissors comfortably?  I love it, can't stop waiving it around! Ahem!!

Finally the reason for all these hexagons is that I am in the process of making my first cushion.  Tomorrow I plan on purchasing a cushion filler.  Because the hexagons are quite large I want this to be a large enough cushion that you can just throw  place gently on your sofa.


I have just placed my hexagons on an existing cushion as a guide, I am nearly there!

Thanks for reading and have a good Tuesday!

x Fi 

10 comments:

  1. cute!i like the red riding hood and all of those hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time focusing on sewing this holiday weekend too, so you're not alone! Your purses are adorable! Of course they sold - who wouldn't love to have one? I can't wait to see your hexie pillow. The fabrics you are using are adorable and would brighten any room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purses are adorable and I am not surprised they sell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purses and fantastic hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little zip pouches. =) and the hexies! I've yet to make those! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little pouches look so cute:) BUT your hexagons are just gorgeous!!! I'm loving them !!!! Can't wait to see how will that pillow look all finished:)
    I'm a new follower, and I see that we will meet again @Sewn ;) fellow skill builder too:)
    Hope you have a great day:)
    xo
    Eleni
    p.s. It would be great if you have the time to come over to my blog @sewhappiness.blogspot.com, you might find something interesting/inspiring too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those !!! They would look cute in a basket just sitting out and being admired!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice projects! Love all the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These purses are so cute! Love the mushroom/toadstool fabric.

    I'm at the same stage as you with my hexies too - planning to make a cushion and just sewing the rows together (taking AGES though!!).

    Sew Ray Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your creations - especially little Red Riding Hood!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!