Saturday, 30 July 2011

A French Knot

My first attempts at a french knot on a mug rug.


They are surprisinly simple!  All you need to do is pull your embroidery thread through the fabric towards the right side, (I knotted the end of the thread so it wouldn't come through) then wrap the embroidery thread one, two or three times (depending on how big you want the knot to be) around your needle, and then push the needle back through the fabric beside the original point of entry.

EDIT: HERE IS THE FINAL MUG RUG!


Embroidered and quilted mug rug!


10 comments:

  1. I cannot master French nots :( my not just unravels! Yours look lovely, espesh on the linen fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. French Knots are the business! And add lovely finishing touches. Cute touch on your MR. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. French knots are fab eh! I couldn't get the hang of them for ages, then bingo, I want to knot everything!
    The mug rug looks lovely from here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. French knots are my faves! Lovely added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! They are pretty easy. Just a few practice knots and you're off and running :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. O can't wait to see whatyour making there. Looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm handstitching a baby quilt at the moment...Never thought of using french knots to quilt....When do we see the full creation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a thing about mug rugs. I love them! Your mug rug is darling. Love the idea of the French knots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to add to a quilt - The french knot adds a dimension.

    I like the color in your quilted rug mug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to try again cause I'm never successful! they add a nice touch to the rug

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!