Sunday, 10 July 2011

Summer Sewing Update

Sarah from fairyfacedesigns set up the Summer Sewing Project earlier this year and eveyone is now giving an update as to how they are getting on.  Well here goes!


FairyFace Designs




I am very proud to say I finished my table runner which I had been putting on the long finger for ages.

Linen and Cotton table runner

I started making coin purses which are fun to make, choosing which fabric to use!


Working on finishing my first hexagon pillow/cushion



Made my first (and only) bias binding I do want to make more of these


Got addicted to making wonky star mug rugs, plan on making a quilt using the wonky star block.



Finally I am finishing off my first FMQ quilt for a customer, it is a personalised baby quilt to fit a cot bed.  Nearly finished.  I am using invisible thread on top and white cotton thread on the back.  I will do proper post when completed.


Free Motion Quilting
 And finally I am finally getting around to a quilt along that Fat Quaterly ran oh about a year ago I'd say!


I am linking up to Sarah's blog, pop over and see what everyone has been up to!

6 comments:

  1. love that coin purse and all of your stuff is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, you know I like everything that you make, but the wonky star mug rug is my fav here. Love the pattern and the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that wonky star mug rug. And your quilt in progress looks fab, can't wait to see it done! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makes! I have never heard the expression 'putting on the long finger' before - that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to see the finished hexagon pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE your table runner-so simple and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!