Monday, 18 July 2011

Tzaztiki


So we had our bbq yesterday, hubby sheltering under our sun umbrella to keep the rain away!

While he was cooking the meat I made some of my favourite Greek dip which is so simple to make it's unbelievable.

Ok so all you need is

1) plain greek yoghurt (not the set one)
2) cucumber
3) garlic

In terms of quantity it's up to you.  The piccy is from yesterday and I scoffed down myself and I couldn't understand why the boys were telling me I stank of garlic!

TO MAKE

Peel and grate the cucumber.  Sprinkle a bit of salt over the grated cucumber and let it drain in a sieve.  Ideally if you have a bowl of a saucer / plate that will lie on the cucumber then do so. You want to drain away as much of the juice/water from the cucumber.

Pour some of your plain greek yoghurt in a bowl.  Now add the cucumber but give it a squeeze just to get out any excess water that hasn't drained away, add a clove (or as many as you like depending on how much yoghurt you have used, personal preference).

Mix it together and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm hungry again now, and only have biscuits, dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks sooo yummy!!! and...happy holidays to Greece!!!!
    I've been there several years ago and...it's wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!