Saturday, 6 August 2011

A finished quilt top

I picked up Sew Hip magazine a couple of weeks ago and came across a pattern for a wonky log cabin.  The pattern comes from this lady of "Quilt While You Are Ahead".  Now my colour choices were purely coincidental.  I had a load of FQ's waiting for something to do, they were blue/orange/greens and yellow.  When I saw the mag articles I knew I just had to make it.

So I finished off the quilt top this morning yippee!!!  Will quilt it later as I have a few quilts to finish off for orders first.  But really pleased how it turned out as it's my first real deviation from simple squares!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks lovely, can't wait to see it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your one fast quilter! Nice colors and pattern! Cant wait to see the finished products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love a bit of log cabin, wonky or otherwise! You might like the book 'Modern Log Cabin Quilting' by Susan Beal for more log cabin ideas. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely - the colours work really well together!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great. I love the red polkadot centers of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!