Wednesday, 10 August 2011

WIP Wednesday


For me it's going to be a short update.

WIP

Slowly hand quilting my hexies pillow, I think I am putting off finishing it b/c making a pillow is alien to me but my bloggy mates have assured me it's very easy!  I am pleased to say I am nearly finished.

I have finished my first non square quilt top.  I used a pattern from Quilt While you are Ahead which I came across in Sew Hip magazine.

The pattern called for 10 FQs, I know I mentioned this in a previous post but I happened to have the same tone of colours as the pattern in the mag so I knew I just had to make it.  I love it! It's so vibrant.  I just need to get on a quilt it but I have some quilts orders to complete so of course they take priority.

I am busy making baby balls in preparation for a proposed Xmas Fair at my work so I really am doing smaller things at the moment in between orders.

My friend Sarah from Fairyface Designs and I did a tutorial swap.  Sarah did a bunting tutorial (I so want to make bunting) .



and I did a tutorial on covering a button with fabric



For any Irish readers who are following/reading my blog you may be interested in the Sew Irish flickr group run by Sarah and myself.  I am very pleased to say that our numbers are increasing.  The only criteria are that you need to live in Ireland and sew.  You can be a beginner / novice or expert.  The more the merrier!

That's it for me winding down for a couple o' weeks holidays now so I won't be posting till September!  Have a good couple of weeks everyone!

As usual I am linking up to Lee's WIP Wednesday linky party, where you will find plenty of WIP's all very inspiring!

11 comments:

  1. Love the hexies and your hand quilting.
    The wonky log cabin quilt is fabulous, I love the gorgeous bright colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your choices of fabrics and colours in the quilts, absolutely my kind of fabrics and hand quilted hexes? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how colorful your quilt is, so fun to look at! Your friends are right, pillows are easy. You've already got the hard part done! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! I love the hand quilting on your hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hexies and FQ quilt are especially spectacular. I love the bright colors you are using in both projects. I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your hand quilting looks with your hexies. It's just perfect!

    I keep wanting to make bunting, and then completely forget about it. How silly is that? Maybe I'll give your friend's tutorial a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty quilt top and hexie pillow! love the colors. yay for hand quilting! i want to try it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. that quilt is wonderful, the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hexies and log cabins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilting on the hexies and the covered buttons are wonderful, thanks for the reminder, I have to make some now.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!