Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Nicola's Quilt

Want to see what I was working on ?

It's a quilt for baby Nicola a custom order I received recently.  


I think this is my favourite so far, colourwise.  I used Michael Miller's Strawberry Tea Party range.  It's so pretty and delicate and cottagy and girly and oh I just love it!

I used KONA white as per usual and this time on the reverse I decided to incorporate more of the Blossom Berry fabric (simply all strawberries on pink - gorgeous!) and I put three strips on the back, yes 3 deliberately 3!  

I then FMQ the whole quilt giving that lovely stippled effect.  

Do you see all those strawberries??!!

To finish off the quilt I used some dark pink polka dots on pink cotton from IKEA for the binding (width of 2 1/4" I like the narrow binding).

And voila, now I have a couple more little girls quilts to get finished before the end of October. 


9 comments:

  1. So clean and refreshing. Love KONA white!!!! I see something similar in my future;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so precious! Reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, I love that fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! She is going to treasure this for a long, long while!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!