Saturday, 4 February 2012

Progress

Grrrr I cannot use my photo editting programmes at the moment as my PC keeps shutting down when I try and save them, how frustrating!

So I am going to apologies in advance for the quality of my photos....sorry guys!

Well you know I joined the fantastic Mouthy Stitches Swap, it's great fun, there is a great buzz and loads of participation in this swap, I love it!

Well I have to say I have finished my pouch, but I won't reveal the final product just yet, instead I will show you my progress. 

1" (final measurement) squares
My swap partner seems to have a liking for birdies so I had snuck in a couple of the cute penguins.  I also have a surprise for the lining of this pouch! I will explain later.


I have done a bit of hand quilting in green plus some machine quilting in straight lines using invisible thread.  I made a mistake a design decision to alter the machine quilting on the other side of the pouch so then I did the same on the first panel which I think turned out for the best and it is a style I am going to repeat on other pouches!

That's it on the pouch for the moment, oh that is Kona Grey which I love, because it makes the colour fabrics stand out so much.

Also I started on another pillow this time using up my scrabs of girls at play


I think I might order a couple more FQ's to add some more images to this unless I have enough with what I have.

Finally I popped into a local magazine/bookshop and saw this mag which I flicked through last night.  Not bad there are a couple of things in it that I might give a try but I don't know if I will get it again.  I am actually waiting for the Modern Quilting mag coming out later this month!

8 comments:

  1. Love your pouch! Quilting is fab on the grey. What mag are you waiting for :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are wonderful-- I love your pouch for the Mouthy Stitches and I love your hexies :0) I am working on my practice zipper now (taking a short break to read).

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the little squares on your grey for the mouthy stitches swap. I've ordered the Modern Quilting mag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the finished pieces - they look really lovely!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving it all - I like a radical design decision or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pouch is looking fab! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your zipper pouch! You can't go wrong with aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you have been busy!! I am stock with my hexie cushion... I just don't know how to choose the colours/fabrics.... arrrgghh!!! yours looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!