Sunday, 1 April 2012

Swooning...

When I saw I'm A Ginger Monkey's post earlier this year I thought to myself I HAVE (sorry don't mean to shout but this is one of those type of posts) have to do this even if I complete nothing else I have to give this a go.

Well boys and girls I have (finally) started swooning and I love it!

Word of warning though, allow NO INTERRUPTIONS and I mean NONE when you are building this block.  It's not difficult but you have to concentrate.


I went for Kona grey as the background colour and then hit my scraps.

This is how sad I am.  We went to a friends house last night and I brought my block with me so that I could look at it (it's ok they only live a couple of doors down and they know what I am like). Sure I even brought some hexies to continue my pillow.  Anyway I am looking at it and in awe that I could make something like this, and then I notice it, a MISTAKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo


Look at the orange points on the top left hand side?  I know where I made the mistake I had to unpick something and didn't pay attention.  Prior to sewing I had laid out all the pieces to avoid any major colour clashes.

I will fix it, I still love it, but I am going to get on with some orders for this week.  I'll be sitting at my desk at work swooning quietly away!!!

15 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, you are gas!. The block is lovely!. I might bring some sewing to my desk myself, quietly will be my motto this week!. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I love your scrappy version and I need more bright orange in my stash!

    Better luck next time! But it isn't that noticeable in the scrappy version...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks perfect ................then you said look at the orange it is still gorgeous well done i keep looking at the pattern !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! It's absolutely beautiful - no one would see the mistake if you didn't mention it. Shh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant way of using up scraps! The block looks great. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!! These are so popular. Are you going to make more of it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing, I just love it, but seriously I have sat here looking at the screen trying to see the mistake, I'm boggle eyed now, & I just can't see it, WHAT!!!!!!
    There ain't no mistake, I think :)
    Lol Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is totally beautiful - I would not have spotted the error until you said!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe it's just because the outcome is complex as a fractal, but I can't notice anything unpleasant :D Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This scrappy version is the BEST!! I want to swoon too and now I know how I want mine, too! Lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not even notice it until you directed it to me. I really like the scrappy-ness of it. Thanks for sharing. Cynthia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you know what I love? When the light shines on it, it looks like you used a darker gray as a shading. Then I realized it was just the seams showing through. But shading the gray would be amazing!
    But it is wonderful the way it is! Can't wait to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your scrappy Swoon is bight & cheery! I would totally leave that 'mistake' & never mention it again :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to smile because I did the same thing and didn't notice it til I posted my block on flickr! Your block is especially beautiful! And swoon blocks do take a lot of concentration! Take care. Deb.
    !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it too! and you are very brave to unpick it... really, you don't need to but I know how I feel when I can see the mistake screaming out at me.
    I love the grey background against the bright colours that you went for.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!