Saturday, 2 June 2012

Zakka Sew Along - Pincushion

I read the post, I bought the book ("sigh"), yes another one, yes another book! 

Over the last couple of weeks I have been dragging the book with me, and whilst sitting on the train flicking through the pages wishing I was at home trying to make all the lovely items in the book.

I am a bit behind, the pin cushion was week 3 and they are on week 8 now. 
From the Zakka Sew Along
I could have kicked myself as I had recently received 4 lovely buttons in the post free with an order, but selflessly (ahem!) gave them to a mate of mine who I thought might use them before me, and of course I needed a button for the back of this project BUT look what I found tucked in a corner of my cupboard!!

Back of pin cushion
Don't want those buttons now, want more of these little things which I got free with an order a couple of years ago, now to find some more online!

For those of you who want to try it here is the tutorial - pincushion tute

Have a great Saturday girls, wherever you are around the world!


4 comments:

  1. Well it was worth the wait, it's lovely! If you think you have too many craft books, you should come and check out my list - there's a tab on my blog called Craft Book Challenge, I seriously have a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucker!!!! but hey so did I, It's got some cute little things. oh but when to get the time to do these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little pin cushion, it is too cute. I was wondering if you could tell me what type and color the linen looking fabric is. The texture goes great with the rest of the fabrics.

    C_kaminsky(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pincushion turned out great.
    I had checked the book out from my library but thanks to Hadley over at Flying Blind and her perfect 'deal' over at Book Depository, I have my own copy. Several fun projects in the book.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!