Saturday, 14 July 2012

The Modern Irish Bee - Month 1

Ok so I got a little package in the post last week from our Queen Bee, Sarah from fairyfacedesigns.  Needless to say it brought a little brightness to frankly quite dull summer weatherise, it's truly unbelievable the summer or lack of sun that we are having this year.

Anyhow Sarah gave us our instructions and pointed us to the tutorial from Oh Fransson.  At first sight I thought to myself wow ok that looks pretty easy, but alas I was wrong.  Personally I thought this was quite challenging for me, in a good way!  It probably helps if you read the instructions of the tutorial thoroughly how and ever, it's all a learning curve so lesson noted!

Sarah wanted us to make one large block - this measures 10" (we weren't allowed go bigger than 14")


and a smaller block - this one is just over 6"


So off they will go in the post on Monday, some of the other girls have already made their blocks so if you would like to browse check out our flick group

Have a great weekend everyone!

Fi

6 comments:

  1. I like your blocks and they are truly modern. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them - and some of Sarah's fabrics would probably got lost in my stash never to be seen again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the look of these blocks too, but have only ever made one because they are tricky, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They're fantastic! Absolutely lovely. I too found this challenging, but in a great way. I really did enjoy giving these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great...I'm looking forward to seeing the end product over at Sarah's blog. Going to give mine a go today...I will make sure I read the instructions ten times before I start!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!