Sunday, 20 January 2013

A bit of fabric and some stars


Did you get snow?


We got non-stop rain on Friday, rain / sleet showers yesterday and today. I love when it snows but hate when it turns to slush...so may be it's good we got off lightly compared to our UK neighbours.


The rain didn't interfere with our post deliveries :) and a package arrived from my lovely sponsor Fililis.  


Working from the top down they are as follows: Petite Fleurs Red, Happy Dot Citron, Sailor's ABC in Flame, Find the Narwhal in Breeze and Flower Shop in Raspberry all by Michael Miller.

Patricia (the owner) is very helpful, nothing is a problem, and delivery was very fast. 


I know what I will use the Narwhals for...baby balls of course.  Some of the fabric will be for binding for a couple of my custom baby quilts and the rest, I will be holding it for the right project.

It's horrible out this morning, I took up my hand sewing project.  Six pointed stars.  I am hoping to make these into a cushion cover.


Once you start these move along quite nicely.  Who doesn't enjoy a bit of hand sewing now and again particularly on a wet cold day!

5 comments:

  1. Yes it's definitely weather to stay indoors, what a nice fabric parcel that came for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely parcel of fabric. Your stars are going to make awesome cushions. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely addition to your stash. I love hand sewing. I really like your star too. Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying quilt binding and staying in to avoid the grey slush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your star is going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!