Friday, 5 July 2013

Catch up

I realise it's been a while since I blogged, but I have been very busy over on instagram (you will find me @patchworkdelights).

Let's see, I got in touch with the lovely Tanya (shop).  I have long admired her work, and one day I just asked her if she would be interested in a swap, and she said yes!!! Well I was over the moon needless to say.

And swap we did!

My bundle to Tanya

Beautiful bundle from Tanya
 I just need to get out to Ikea and buy a white frame and it'll be put up on the wall pride of place!

I have also tried a bit of crochet, found some good tutorials out there, bought a Granny Squares book and now have about 17 granny squares. 


I finished off a little pram quilt made from scraps that I have for baby Riley.


My little fella is back in with his big bro (his choice!), so I have my sewing room back again and have been sorting it out.  More photos to follow later.


And finally ...

I have joined up to Sarah's Swoon 13, to get the remaining 7 swoon blocks out!  They are monster blocks measuring 24", but wow they are spectacular, check out Sarah's blog post and check out the flickr group and if you are already on Instagram search for #swoon13!

Chat soon!

Fi






 

3 comments:

  1. Your scrappy swooons catch my eye every time.
    Starting a cathedral windows project soon. I hope it's as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your posts :) I like the idea of the carnival with the text... I might end up copying... I recently did one round of the carnival and appliqued it on top of other piecing and enjoyed making it :)

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!