Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Liberty Lawn - love

Look... just look at this bundle of gorgeousness that Ali of Very Berry Handmade sent over to me yesterday!


Background, basically about a month ago or so Ali put up a post on FB asking what people would make if they were to receive a FREE bundle of liberty fabric.  Naturally enough, I jumped in and commented that I would make a 16" cushion in the same vein as my hexie pillows but this time using smaller hexies. 




Smaller hexies ...



Ali loved the idea so the day arrived when I got my lovely package!  The package contained a gorgeous range of colours ranging from pinks / reds to blues.  The cotton fabric feels very smooth almost silky, I was pleasantly surprised.  It's very delicate and each fabric has its own surprise, even Hubby was going through them picking his favs, pointing out little hidden gems in the patterns!

So this is my summer sewing project for when I head away in August, I can't wait to sit in the sun and get on with my new pillow!

I'll blog as soon as my pillow is complete!

Thanks Ali!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely can't wait to see how this turns out! Enjoy the fabrics - I hope I have given you another to play with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a bundle of different fabrics from there as I had never actually owned any Liberty fabric. Once I got the fabric I finally understood what all the fuss was about. It is gorgeous stuff. Maybe your hexies will inspire me to finally cut into mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it, gonna be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!