Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Hello from sunnier climes

I'm writing this post from sunny Greece, sunny boiling hot Greece that is.  I never thought I would complain about the heat, when my husband advised me that it hasn't stopped raining for most of the month of August back home!

We've had a great time so far, although a couple of hiccups including me breaking my toe and subsequently a kidney stone letting me now of it's presence!  This is my fourth stone in 16 years, not bad going but still incredibly painful.

In the space of 4 days I visited 3 different Greek hospitals.  I came across a lot of good and bad things here.  Suffice to say the injection that the last Hospital doctor jabbed me in the butt with did the trick to take away the pain.  I have another appointment on Friday morning to establish the whereabouts of the stone.  We know it's out of the kidney since last Thursday but have I expelled it out of the ureter let's see Friday!

I did bring some EPP projects with me.  I got some sewing done over the last three weeks.

Hexies - Girls at Play scraps with linen - this will become a cushion





I have been busy sewing more flowers using the beautiful liberty prints that I was sent in July.  I have several flowers made, I want to pick up some white cotton though to join them all together, again to make a cushion



Finally I have been making progress with my spring carnival cushion.  I participated in a texty charm swap a couple of months ago and decided to use them for this cushion.  



So it's all cushions at the moment I'm afraid, but EPP projects are handy for travelling with and there's no way I can be far away from keeping my hands busy with some sort of sewing!

I'll be back in a week with a little giveaway from my visit, so keep an eye out!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I hope you feel better soon. Good to see you're still stitching and enjoying your holiday, though. Loved the peek at your EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fi, you poor thing. Toe ouch - kidney stone very very painful. Loving the sewing. Lots of love to you all enjoy your break x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been unlucky! Love your EPP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your EPP is gorgeous. So sorry about the toe and the kidney stone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are looking great. Hope the scan brings good news, no fun when you're on hols.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope the stone is gone and you now can enjoy the water too.
    So gorgeous! Lovely projects you took with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those hexies!! They are time consuming but turn out sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!