Monday, 28 October 2013

Love Patchwork and Quilting Magazine

I found out via Instagram (@patchworkdelights) that there was a new Patchwork magazine coming out.  I immediately rang my local Easons to see if they had it on their delivery list. Sure enough they did and the girl said she would keep one for me and call me as soon as it arrived. 

I was counting the days and got the call...the magazine was in!  It is called Love Patchwork and Quilting.

I decided that I wasn't going to look at it until the boys were in bed and I could have a cuppa and take my time looking through it.  Sounds a bit sneaky but if you have kids you will know that the days of reading a book or mag uninterrupted are a thing of the past. 

So what do I think of this mag?  Simply put I love it.  It has loads of projects, from accessories to pillows and quilts.

You will know a lot of the contributors already Katy Jones from Imagingermonkey and Jeni Baker for example.

There is something in it for everyone, for every level.  Great photos, good instructions.  What I particularly like is that sometimes you just don't have the money or time to make all the quilts that you see, but you still want to have a go at trying the block.  For example there is a quilt called "The Plus Side" in this magazine.  See picture below.

But say you don't want to, or can't for whatever reason, make the whole quilt there are also instructions to make a smaller project using that block, for example in this instance a wall hanging .  They do this with some other blocks eg the cotton reel quilt but this time transforming them into cushions. 

The instructions as I said already are very clear, plenty of photos, templates are provided.  There are also advise pages eg what you need to know about batting. 



So would I recommend that you go out and pick up a copy?  For sure, I am waiting with baited breathe for the next issue! The next issue is due out 13 November, for Ireland it'll be a day or two later.




The above images were supplied by Jenny Fox-Provers (Editor)

2 comments:

  1. It was a fab find, wasn't it? I was lucky enough to bag a copy here in Galway and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame mine hasn't turned up! I subscribed and still haven't received my mag, despite emailing to complain. Not impressed!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!