Monday, 24 February 2014

Swooning and diagonal lines

I managed to make another swoon block, I reckon if I make 2 a year I have another 2.5 years to go before I have my 9 blocks!  Hopefully it won't take me as long as that.


I started with the scrappy look and there's no turning back now, but I have to be honest and admit that I am starting to cut into some of my special FQs.  I have enough of the original colours to carry the theme through but to make each block a different colour centre with matching corners, it is hard to see what I am trying to say with this photo but because of that I need to cut into new fabric. 


This week I managed to take out a quilt that I am making for a 4.5 year old girl from the boys crèche that was diagnosed with a rare form of child cancer.  I asked the girls in my quilting community if they could share with me some pinks and they very generously did. So this was the status on Sunday. 

This was the status today.


Each HST measures 6.5", ignore the table leg, it was getting in the way.  I have substituted two blocks with two new blocks because I had doubled up on a colour (see row 3 column 3 from the left and row 5 column 3).  I have now removed them and substituted them with another colour which I am happier with.

I managed to sew 3 rows together before I had to stop.  Looking forward to finishing this quilt for Merryn.


Oh and I managed to get my hands on Love Quilting Magazine.  I enjoy flicking through it with a cuppa! Who doesn't eh?!

X Fi
 

5 comments:

  1. Lucky you! Sounds like you are having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrappy swoon block. I would really like to make a swoon quilt but it sounds like hours are spent cutting the fabric which is already my least favourite part of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's worth it all in the end.. Scrappy swoons rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrappy Swoon is one of my favorite Swoons. Keep going! I'll patiently wait another 2-3 years until it's finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sewing, I love scrappy and this works so well.

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!