Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Something new and different

I will fill you in properly when the time comes but I got a request to make something slightly different to my normal quilts.
 
I small baby quilt measuring 15"x15".  Very cute, very easy.

 
But then the woman asked me if I could make it look like a rag quilt, so I hit the internet and googled raggy quilts and found a tutorial on how to make raggy binding.  The girl who wrote the blog recommended making the binding width 3.5", she said she didn't the first time and sort of regretted it, so I took her advice.  Needless to say I was in a sweat making this, not sure how it was going to turn out.  You have to run it through the washing machine so I was waiting on tenterhooks for it to come out of the wash and was happy with the result!


Once my customer uses it for her purposes fear not I will be sharing photos with you, but for the time being we will have to wait!
 
x Fi

 

4 comments:

  1. Now isn't that an interesting twist? It works really nicely, Fi!

    Your bee blocks arrived today. They're perfect. Thank you! (and the choc is gone...yummm!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making a quilt for a single bed. Still cutting :). I'm doing the double slice layer cake I've seen in a tutorial from Jenny (MissouriQuiltCo)...when I finished I show you. Love your blog and your patchwork!

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!