Monday, 21 July 2014

A bit of garden news

I think this is the first year that I have been able to enjoy some flowers in my garden.

I have been focused on ensuring that I have a lot of greenery in the garden, I hate the winter garden when there's nothing to look at and I always wanted to make sure that certain plants I put in the garden would be evergreen and that's worked so far, but in the summer I was lamenting the fact that I didn't have a huge amount of flowers, and this year I bought flowering plants!



My chocolate plant is also in flower and some ranunckles which I love and put in as bulbs!

My plan was also to put some edging around the border of my grass (which I might add is not looking so great this summer).  Note to self buy some more grass feed.

I don't think the edging will happen this year, not with starting up my own business, have to concentrate on that.

Happy with the colours in my flower borders though! 

Sad news for one of my climbing hydrangeas, something was eating the you know what out of it so I just took it out, I bought it a couple of month's ago, shame...

Now to check if it's time to start planting any spring bulbs, have to be so ahead eh!

That's all my garden news for the moment!

Fi


 

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking great. I hate how bare they get in the winter too

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!