Tuesday, 10 February 2015

A few WIPs and a finished cushion cover

Hello lovely people who read my blog (and thank you for doing so, I do appreciate it).

Well I think from now on you are always going to see a bit of crochet on my page, because now I am making my son, the younger one, a afghan blanket all of his own.  He loves the first one I made and is often found walking around with it wrapped around him on the weekend (mornings).  I want his one to be big enough to fit his single bed so I have a fair few grannies to make, last count I am on 36.



My colour palette is more muted colours although I do have some red, orange and yellow in it to make it jump a bit, and so far so good.  He is loving seeing it come together.

I also made a cushion, happy to say second one of the year and it was January when I finished it (the end of).  I had these hexies kicking around for over two years, I had a spare 18" cushion so I thought I would bite the bullet and get this baby made!



Instead of doing the meandering fmq that I usually do I thought I'd give straight lines ago. Got the masking tape out and got sticking.  It was an enjoyable process I have to say. 



Finally I added to my fabric stash, got some cute fabrics from a shop in the West of Ireland called The Quilt Shop Tuam (they are on FB and IG) and the other from Cindy at fluffysheepquilting.

For baby balls and baby quilts


Cotton and Steel - swoon!


That's it for the minute, guys, I am making a scrappy quilt for a little girl so watch this space!

X Fi
 

7 comments:

  1. Lots of fun stuff happening on your page.. I love the granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The straight line quilting works really well with the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Straight line quilting looks great on the Hexie cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous selection of colours. You're making me so jealous of those granny squares, I will learn......... eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing better than me!!! I much prefere doing straight line quilting myself. Have a bag of scraps for you. Hoping to go through my cupboard tonight for FQ .

    ReplyDelete

In case you think I am being awfully rude by not acknowledging your comments it is because I find that a lot of you are NO REPLY bloggers.

You need to change your settings and input your email address so that I can reply. There are blogs that walk you through the process but fear not it is not hard to do!